Way to change the bite SMS icon.

Gkf9

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 29, 2009
Lancashire
If I recall the last time i jailbroke, there was something in Cydia to change the bite SMS icon to the Apple native icon...Does anyone know where to find it, if it is still available that is.

Ps I don't real want to ssh into the phone.

Thanks inadvance.

anonymous6237

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2007
Plano, TX
Yeah just done the same, not working, will hopefully get a update.
The problem has to do with the way icons are put into apps for the new display. There are 2 icon images in the BiteSMS folder, icon.png and icon@2x.png. You have to replace the @2x one in order to actually see the change on an iPhone4. You can either SSH into the phone (you said you didn't want to do this) or wait for an update from the creators of "biteSMS to SMS icon"

Gkf9

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 29, 2009
Lancashire
Yeah I'll wait for an update, or wait for bite sms to sort their icon out.... Square on mine and over sized, don't know if everyone else's like that?

mcqueen

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2010
Yeah I'll wait for an update, or wait for bite sms to sort their icon out.... Square on mine and over sized, don't know if everyone else's like that?
Yeah, the icon is square which bothers me the most. I couldn't care less that it's pink :confused:

EvoKnvl

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2010
Yeah, the icon is square which bothers me the most. I couldn't care less that it's pink :confused:
There working on a new version. You can download the beta version to fix it for now if it really annoys you. Add this to your repo

Per biteSMS:
Release 4.98 contains lots of improved graphics for the iPhone 4!

While not 100% complete yet, the latest stable version can be got from our Cydia repos at:

http://www.bitesms.com/cydia/beta4.98

Gkf9

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 29, 2009
Lancashire
There working on a new version. You can download the beta version to fix it for now if it really annoys you. Add this to your repo

Per biteSMS:
Release 4.98 contains lots of improved graphics for the iPhone 4!

While not 100% complete yet, the latest stable version can be got from our Cydia repos at:

http://www.bitesms.com/cydia/beta4.98
Thanks... That's alot better, can live with that now.