way to convert a feeler to FS thread?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by turtlebud, Feb 11, 2008.

1. turtlebud macrumors 6502a

title pretty much says it all - I had a feeler thread that I want to change to a for sale thread - is there a way to do that? I tried to edit my initial post - but it only allows me to body, not the thread title.

what's the protocol for this? i assume that i'm not supposed to start a new thread for it, but i could be wrong.

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Go to Advanced editing mode and you can change the title.

3. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

In general rather than PM'ing a specific mod, try reporting your post as it'll get any mod on duty ;). Of course in this case you can do it yourself as WildCowboy said.

4. turtlebud thread starter macrumors 6502a

thanks wildcowboy - that worked! i don't know why i didn't see that earlier.

5. marclapierre13 macrumors 6502a

marclapierre13

Hi there. Here is how you can edit the title of your thread.
    Either go into the thread, and click the "Edit" button. From there, click the "Go Advanced" button. Then, simply make the adjustments you would like, and then click "Save".

The other alternative, and the faster way, is to go to where the thread is listed (in this case, it would be in the "Marketplace" section) and double click the edge[i/] of the title. If you click the actual title, it will take you to that thread. So just click the side of it, and it will let you edit it if you created that thread.

6. turtlebud thread starter macrumors 6502a

oh, the other thing I wanted to ask is whether I can reply to that thread and say that it's for sale now - i know there's a no bumping rule, so I wanted to see if that applies to threads that get changed from feelers to for sale.

thanks!

7. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

This is not a trivial change with the listing so therefore it is not a bump and as such does not fall foul of those rules.

8. marclapierre13 macrumors 6502a

marclapierre13

Really if you are putting up a "feeler" than that means you are ready to sell, but only for a price that you want to get. If you change it to a for sale ad, than it invites more haggling, and what not.

I hate when people create a "Feeler" thread, and than a "For Sale" thread:(
    Good on you for asking, before making another thread.