Way to date camera roll pictures?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by link575, Oct 9, 2009.

1. link575 macrumors newbie

Let me explain my situation. Every now and then when something unfortunate happens I have to do a restore as new phone. I want to keep the pictures in my camera roll so I access the phone as a camera copy the picture and put them in a folder called camera roll. The thing is it always labels the pictures img_1, img_2 ...etc and so if I repeat this process more than once it just copies over the old pictures.

Is there a way around this or maybe some way to make the file the date it was taken? I know my razr did it just wondering if the iphone can. Btw im on windows if that makes a difference. Thanks

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Just make a new folder and call it camera roll 2 or camera roll copy. That's about all you can do.

3. link575 thread starter macrumors newbie

alright, i was hoping that wasnt the answer but if its the only way.... anyway thanks

4. kate-willbury macrumors 6502a

lol at how little you can do with the iphone.

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

If you get a photo managing/organizing program, they usually have a file renaming/renumbering function. So you can temporarily copy the files to another folder, renumber them, then move them into your main iphone pics folder.

6. Acronym macrumors 68000

just date your pictures inside a folder inside the Camera Roll folder

C:My documents/Camera Roll/10_10_2009 (usualy the date you imported them

thats what my computer does if i go through the automatic picture import process thingy. except it doesnt make a camera roll folder it just puts it in my pictures folder.