Way to delete podcast downloads from the Downloads window?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BlueberryMac, Mar 27, 2011.

1. BlueberryMac macrumors member

BlueberryMac

Hi,

I'm subscribed to probably 30 or so different podcasts, but I don't listen or want to download them all—just the certain podcast episodes that sound interesting (which I find either by the episodes title or its description).

Anyway, when I open up iTunes, my Downloads pane fills up with a couple of dozen podcasts to download and starts downloading them one at a time. I look at them and sometimes there are maybe only 3-5 I am interested in.
    Which means I have to delete all of the others.

My question is this:

Right now, what I have to do is look at all of the podcasts in the Downloads window, then click on Podcasts and do a search for a word in the unwanted podcasts, then delete that episode(s) so they don't download...

Is there a way I can click on the unwanted downloads (possibly while holding down a modifier key) in the Downloads pane and delete them forever? That is, both stop the certain episode(s) from downloading, and delete it/them from the Podcasts area, so they're just gone in one step?

Right now when I try to delete them, it just deletes their listing in the Downloads pane, but they still show up in the Podcasts pane as an undownloaded episode (and I think they add themselves back to the Downloads pane if you click on Refresh button the next time you launch iTunes)

(I think I was able to do this in a previous version of iTunes, but haven't found a way on the current version)

Thanks for any suggestions!

2. gavinauzzie macrumors member

gavinauzzie

Podcasts

In iTunes go to Podcast tab and at the bottom there is a settings button. You should be able to customise all or individual Podcasts for what you want to keep or delete.

When i subscribe to a podcast and don't want the old ones i just highlight them and delete them when they are grayed out.

I hope that helps.