Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bengtc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
Is there a way to enable the hdr option in the camera app for an iPhone 4 on 4.01?
TIA

dgstan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
or you can buy the pro hdr app until 4.1 gets jailbroken
Apple's HDR is 100 times easier to use than Pro HDR. Apple's takes one shot and it's as fast as taking regular pictures. Pro HDR takes several seconds to take the pictures. It's fine for portraits, but scenes with motion suffer.

As far as the picture quality between the two: I can't say.

M-5

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
I've also been wanting to try the HDR feature, but I don't want to lose my Jailbreak. Is there really going to be a jailbreak for 4.1? I'd think it would make more sense to wait for 4.2.

And I have ProHDR, but it's too slow, and you don't save the original, so whereas on Apple's implementation you can just casually use the camera and still get the HDR benefit if it improves the photo, you have to consciously make a decision of whether the scene will benefit from HDR and whether you are willing to trade-off a potentially slightly better photo for the time it takes to take shots when using ProHDR

tesilential

macrumors regular
May 9, 2010
I've also been wanting to try the HDR feature, but I don't want to lose my Jailbreak. Is there really going to be a jailbreak for 4.1? I'd think it would make more sense to wait for 4.2.

And I have ProHDR, but it's too slow, and you don't save the original, so whereas on Apple's implementation you can just casually use the camera and still get the HDR benefit if it improves the photo, you have to consciously make a decision of whether the scene will benefit from HDR and whether you are willing to trade-off a potentially slightly better photo for the time it takes to take shots when using ProHDR

The first option in Pro HDR settings is "Save original images"

That said it is slower than molasses so I'm awaiting a 4.1 jb as well :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.