Way to enable HDR on I4 4.01

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bengtc, Sep 27, 2010.

1. bengtc macrumors regular

Is there a way to enable the hdr option in the camera app for an iPhone 4 on 4.01?
    TIA

2. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

No. HDR is not in the camera app at all [in 4.0.1] and thus cannot be 'enabled'.

3. spamdumpster macrumors 6502a

Wonder if anyone has tried simply copying the 4.1 camera app into the Applications folder in 4.0x?

4. Typeriz macrumors newbie

or you can buy the pro hdr app until 4.1 gets jailbroken

5. dgstan macrumors 6502a

Apple's HDR is 100 times easier to use than Pro HDR. Apple's takes one shot and it's as fast as taking regular pictures. Pro HDR takes several seconds to take the pictures. It's fine for portraits, but scenes with motion suffer.

As far as the picture quality between the two: I can't say.

6. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

I've also been wanting to try the HDR feature, but I don't want to lose my Jailbreak. Is there really going to be a jailbreak for 4.1? I'd think it would make more sense to wait for 4.2.

And I have ProHDR, but it's too slow, and you don't save the original, so whereas on Apple's implementation you can just casually use the camera and still get the HDR benefit if it improves the photo, you have to consciously make a decision of whether the scene will benefit from HDR and whether you are willing to trade-off a potentially slightly better photo for the time it takes to take shots when using ProHDR

7. tesilential macrumors regular

The first option in Pro HDR settings is "Save original images"

That said it is slower than molasses so I'm awaiting a 4.1 jb as well :)

8. spamdumpster macrumors 6502a

ok, someone with a JB'ed 4.1 3G or 3GS should upload the camera app, and I'll try it.