Way to fake Bluetooth as USB?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by 124151155, Feb 25, 2009.

1. 124151155 macrumors regular

Sorry for the crappy title, but I couldn't think of something better.
    What I wanted to know was if there is some kind of way of connecting a phone to a computer via bluetooth, but make the computer think it is connected via USB? Like, if it could have a virtual USB device which comes from the phone via bluetooth. I know it sounds stupid and useless, but my phone's USB connection is broken. I can iSync via Bluetooth but I would like to use software like Salling Media Sync or doubleTwist to transfer and sync music, but neither have a bluetooth option.

I know I'm probably dreaming, but just in case there is a solution out there, you know?

Or even better, if somebody knows of a way I can synchronize some music from iTunes to my phone via bluetooth. Even an applescript or automator app that puts a certain playlist on my phone would do.

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.
    ~Tim

2. 124151155 thread starter macrumors regular

Nevermind, I was able to make myself a nice little Automator workflow that syncronizes my contact and calanders with iSync as well as a particular iTunes playlist.
    The Automater action I used was this one http://automatorworld.com/archives/bluetooth-object-push/

I have an awesome solution, but still, if anybody knows a way of achieving my crazy idea that would be pretty sweet too.

Thanks anywhey.