Way to Keep Folders in Sync?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by swwack91, Jul 25, 2008.

1. swwack91 macrumors 6502a

I'm working on a video project one of my school's Macs. I want to use my own external hard drive to work off of so I can continue my work at home. However, my instructor wants me to keep all my files on the computer I'm working on.

Is there a way to put the project files onto my external hard drive... but have a "clone" folder on the school's Mac Pro always in sync?

Thanks in advance.

2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says.....Did you try doing even a simple search of the forum? Using "sync folder" as a search will yield several threads that should answer your question, and without having to wait for someone to respond....oh yeah!

3. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

While Duff-Man is busy policing, I'll actually try to be helpful

ChronoSync is a very good program, quite versatile, and works very well.

Meanwhile, Duff-Man wins today's honorary MacRumors Forum Sheriff's Badge...

[​IMG]

4. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....wow, I am honoured and will wear it with great pride. I generally feel a bit more inclined to help someone that has at least made some attempt to help themselves and follow forum "etiquette"....oh yeah!

5. atlanticza macrumors 6502a

atlanticza

Whilst I understand Duff-Man's sentiments, it's often quite informative just to browse new posts without seeking any particular solution.

6. tsice19 macrumors 6502a

tsice19

Wow. There is no useful info in this thread.

Isn't there a place at the bottom of the forum index where these kinds of threads go?