Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JustOneQuickONe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 4, 2008
What is the quickest way to organize apps? IS there something out there that makes it possible to organize them on my mac or move more than one app at a time? It takes forever to do one by one and i want to organize games, utilities, etc on different pages.
Thanks

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
Here's a good solution. Get less apps. Half the people I know have like 9 pages of useless crap that is for show and not for use. Not saying you have useless crap but seriously, cut down a bit.

DuckSoup

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2008
Upstate Central NY
A previous thread on this topic revealed no way to easily organize apps nor move two at once.

One method others and I use is to have just three fixed Icons on the bottom bar (I have Music, Videos and Photos and moved the 4th default, (ITunes) to the 1st app screen).

Then, with just three apps on the bottom bar, when you are moving apps around, move it to the bottom bar, then go to the screen you want and move it up from the bottom bar to the screen, leaving just three again. Then keep doing that with all the apps you need to move until you are done.

Mike

ChrisN

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2007
Demarest, NJ
I keep my favorite/most used apps on the bottom 2 rows of the screen because my thumb is there normally and I always look there.

ChrisN

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
If you jailbreak, you can file apps by category and create folders. For example, one folder for games, one folder for utilities, one folder for social apps.. etc.

honeytoast

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2004
bay area, CA
I brought this up way back on July 12. I would like to see something in iTunes. Perhaps when you plug in your iPhone it could show all 9 pages and just allow you to drag the apps around. It would be so much easier with a mouse than with your finger. Maybe even allow you to command+select apps so you can select the specific ones you would like to move from page to page. I don't know the best way to do it but it does need to be done. See my thread below.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/519395/

justan

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2008
apple should seriously consider a "folders" app. They wouldnt need to fork out a ton of cash. Theyd probably make money because people would be buying more and more apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.