Way to prevent app from detecting jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by TD7, Apr 2, 2011.

1. TD7 macrumors newbie

I'm trying to use the bloomberg anywhere app on ipad, as I'm a bloomberg professional user. When opening the app, i receive a security alert stating that the app detected that the ipad was jailbroken, and refuses to run. Is there any way to prevent apps from detecting the jailbreak? thanks

2. Diversion macrumors 6502a

Diversion

Wait.. soon enough there will be a daemon that will sandbox apps into their own memory space so that you can use them without that annoying detection.

3. IshDisturber macrumors newbie

Any resolution?

TD7: Were you able to find a workaround?

I tried contacting Bloomberg about this and they told me that they don't allow the app to run on jailbroken devices for the benefit of their customer's own safety. I think that is absurd as do a few other of my Bloomberg sales reps.

4. TD7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope. Just glad that at least the iPhone version (which still pales in comparison to the bberry version) doesn't have this limitation, but I'm hesitant to apply any of the bberg app updates for iPhone for this reason.

5. bobright macrumors 601

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Are you serious there apps that don't allow you to run them if you're JB?

Never heard of anything like this on the iPhone which apps are you guys talking about?

6. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

It's in the FIRST post.

7. bobright macrumors 601

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

I know bloomberg am talking about other apps

8. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

I guess Bloomberg has so many subscribers it can afford to not worry about losing a few.

9. dylanursula macrumors 6502

I know also the GOOD email client app has a setting on the corporation side that checks for a JB, if your iPhone has one it wipes the data of it and informs IT! bummer as I would drop my BB as my second line otherwise!

10. dave420 macrumors 65816

There was another app, I think it was called fotochat, that refused certain features on a jailbroken phone. I think that whole app is a scam though.