Way to set max-best display resolution?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MacRumors' FAN, Sep 29, 2014.

1. MacRumors' FAN macrumors regular

Dear friends,
    how can I set a MacBook Pro*(Retina,*15-inch,*Late 2013) to the max resolution? I know that it's possible changing resolution; in fact there are 5 types of resolution. Which of the 5 types of resolution should I choose to have the max - and so the best - resolution for my Mac?
    Best regards

----------

Any help will be appreciated

2. MacRumors' FAN thread starter macrumors regular

Look this image to understand my question

Attached Files:

3. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Best picture will be to choose: Best for Retina Display - and not one of the scaled choices. Go ahead and use the scaled if you prefer those, but scaled technically will not give you native resolution for your retina display.

4. MacRumors' FAN thread starter macrumors regular

It seems that there are not differences between mine chosen in the picture, and that you ha ve told me to choose. Am I wrong?

----------

have*

----------

Best for Retina Display = Best Retina (scaled choise)
    Am I wrong?

----------

Best (Retina)*

----------

I want the best resolution for my Mac.

----------

Anyone could help me?

----------

----------

I know using scaled affect performance; but is not the Best (Retina) scaled as equal as the Best for Retina Display? It seems there are not differences setting from one to another. Maybe I am wrong.

----------

scaled resolution*

5. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

I think that both settings that you mention are the same. If you want the best picture (highest resolution), then choose Best for Retina Display (not Scaled).
    If you prefer smaller or larger menus, etc, then choose Scaled, then the screen size that suits you. For that purpose, the choice that you make is the right choice, and you can ignore the retina settings if you prefer. The choice is yours.
    But for your real question, the ultimate best picture will be Best for Retina Display, and NOT the scaled choice...