Way to Take Decent Indoor Photos?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shakeman0, Jan 29, 2011.

1. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

Has anyone figured out a way to take decent indoor photos with the iPhone 4? It seems like if I take a picture without natural light it looks awful and terribly blurry. Don't get me wrong, the phone takes nice pictures outside, but every indoor picture I take is unsalvageable... Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks,

2. walterwhite macrumors 6502

walterwhite

use the built in light... use the normal suggestions for shooting with a slow shutter speed.... brace yourself, keep your arms close - not fully extended, take a small breath and hold it to shoot.

3. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Fully automatic cameras (iPhones) are very poor in low light. You need to add as much light as you can. Open the curtains, turn on the lights including the flash and get more light on the subject. Learn how to hold the phone very steady. The shutter release does not take the pic until you release it. Don't stab at it but press it instead and release it when you are ready to take the shot.

Finally use a good camera app like camera+, Photogene etc. to clean up the shot after it is taken. That can make a big difference. :)

4. JASApplications macrumors 65816

Lighting is one of the most important things with photography, even if you have a $2000 camera with poor lighting, this photo still won't look great.

5. SL4VE macrumors 6502

get camera+ it has stability control and loads of options to take awesome pics