way to unlock sprint iphone 5s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by oieet, Nov 8, 2014.

1. oieet macrumors newbie

hi,

i live in india and i have iphone 5s locked to sprint on ios 8.1 and its stuck on activation screen after i hard reset it. i have tried with sprint sim but no luck it says invalid sim. tried Rsim 9 gold & mini 2 but no luck says NO SIM . so please suggest me a factory unlock or a sim unlock as the phone is unusable even not able it as ipod.

thanks in advance

2. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

I'm no expert, but it sounds like the phone is stuck in Activation Lock and locked to an Apple ID from a previous owner. Where did you buy it from? Sprint phones are also locked in the US to Sprint with a SIM that is paired to the device, and you have to get Sprint to unlock it for international use. I believe you have to have an active Sprint account in good standing.

3. oieet thread starter macrumors newbie

it was working when i bought but, then i reset it now its stuck on that screen (activation screen) it doesn't have a icloud lock i checked it`at the time of buying.

4. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

I'm not sure then. Could you post a picture of the screen?

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Was it using a gevey sim adaptor to unlock it?

6. oieet thread starter macrumors newbie

these are the only screens it shows. i've tried it with a sprint sim card it was showing no service as i'm in india so couldn't activate.
    can you please find what carrier is it locked to i've checked but some say sprint (based on imei), one said = verizon (based on imei) one said orange (as per iccid check)

iphone-model:
    iPhone 5S

IMEI:

Attached Files:

7. Chatter, Nov 10, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2014

Chatter macrumors 6502a

I know this wont help you much but Sprint phones are the WORST to ever buy UNLESS Sprint unlocks them. There is a reason why Sprint phones are cheaper. I am also not 100% sure if the phone is locked or just needs another sim.

If its "locked" and you thought is wasnt - this situation is either because the phone is looking for the original sim after the OS update as it wasnt unlocked or whoever sold it to you filed an insurance claim after you paid them. It doesnt seem like you have that original sim and I dont know who you bought it from. Your best bet might be to keep searching online for a reputable unlocking service (tough!) and hope they can unlock the phone. This could cost some $$.

Sorry and good luck.

PS: Verizon phones have sim unlocked so this is probably locked to Sprint.

8. ramram55 macrumors 6502

Can you take it to airtel or aircel local providers and get the sim cards from them see how it works ? I have your imei number check both on swappa and icloud activatation both look clean, should get you activated. I know there are lots of way you can do that in India, I have been there and done that. Where in India are you ?

9. KPOM macrumors G5

Sprint iPhones can only be unlocked for non-US use, and only by a Sprint customer.

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Before you go any further I'd suggest you first find out what network its really locked to. Then you can go from there.
    Put your imei on this site and pay the $2 fee to know for sure.
    http://www.swiftunlocks.com/unlock/iphone-network-status-checker
    Its not a verizon 5S that's for sure or it would activate and work with any gsm sim in the world.

11. oieet thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the help guys..

ilive near chandigarh.
    last night got it activated through Rsim9 gold and now the only thing remains is sim unlock and i also have jailbroke it.

12. tritron macrumors regular

The screen clearly shows that phone is locked to sprint service. I guess somone has access to apple system can unlock the phone.

13. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Im not 100% but I think there is pay services to put sprint international unlocks through.
    So the device will work outside the US with any gsm carrier.
    Also in the near future gevey sim adapters might appear as options to unlock but those are temporary and the hardware unlock is usually disabled with each iOS update.

14. iolinux333 macrumors 68000

I really hope Sprint goes down they have lost the right to exist.

15. oieet thread starter macrumors newbie

can you suggest such websites. that can unlock international usage.

16. oieet thread starter macrumors newbie

any solutions for using local (india) sim cards for this iphone 5s sprint locked

17. ramram55 macrumors 6502

in swappa, you have clean ESN.
    In this site https://www.icloud.com/activationlock/ you are out
    of icloud lock, sprint sim card should be replaced with local sim. That should do it. What else is locking you out ? There are Tata, Aircel, Airtel, etc to get you out.

18. oieet thread starter macrumors newbie

this happens whenever i insert any sim card goes straight to activation tried
    reliance
    Vodafone
    docomo

rsim9 gold
    ios 8.1
    iphone 5s

Attached Files:

19. ramram55 macrumors 6502

Try all the local carriers, something good will come out.