Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HTM

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 17, 2008
Ok my mobileme email has been sent to some spam site and now im getting 200 emails every 10 minutes :(
anyway how i can change my mobileme address? anything,

IgnatiusTheKing

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2007
Texas
Did you have your account before the July 11 switchover? If so, is your email account "@me.com" or "@mac.com" getting spammed? If only one, give out the other to people and make a rule that anything going to the other gets filtered out.

HTM

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 17, 2008
Did you have your account before the July 11 switchover? If so, is your email account "@me.com" or "@mac.com" getting spammed? If only one, give out the other to people and make a rule that anything going to the other gets filtered out.
i use @mac on my mail.app
and of course i use @me on a browser
but the thing is that when i log into my me mail the spam messages are there
so i dont think there is a difference

cristo

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2008
How did your "email get sent to a spam service" in the first place? Sounds like you posted your email address somewhere public, which you should never do.

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
You should also create some aliases and start using those for internet sites that require an email address. Once that alias starts getting spam, you can simply delete the alias and make another.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.