Ways to chat with someone on an iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by netdog, Oct 30, 2007.

1. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Is there anything like iChat on the iPhone? I could use AOL, MSN or iChat on my end but what can the person at the other end on an iPhone use?

Please don't say SMS.

2. SpankWare macrumors regular

I've found several different WebApps that will do chat. So far the one I'm using on a regular basis is BeeJive (http://beejive.com). It works great and has an iChat look. Chat was the killer app for me in going to the iPhone and as soon as I found BeeJive I bought my iPhone.

3. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

There are a couple of options. If the iPhone is hacked to run 3rd party applications, there are two IM apps: Apollo and MobileChat. Otherwise, you'd have to use a web-based IM client, like meebo.

4. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

My preference is the webapp flickim. I find it much faster than beejive, even if it doesnt have all that extra stuff.

5. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

www.meebo.com

I use it, and it's awesome. I've tried the others, and meebo always seems to be quicker.

6. divabimbers macrumors member

I want to like Meebo as the interface is nice but my issue is it doesn't seem to support scrolling. Are there any web apps that support scrolling and GTalk/all the other most common services?

7. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I've used meebo as well...

and really enjoy it, but I'm always getting the IM msg "you are already signed-in under the same username!" :eek: