Ways to Save battery on iOS 7/iPhone 5C

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ONIKAMARAJ, Jul 19, 2014.

1. ONIKAMARAJ macrumors member

What are some ways to Save battery on iOS7/iPhone 5C.
    I mean like different things not the common things like, Wallpaper, Brightness, Location & Wifi things like that.

2. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

Go into settings then general then backround app updates and turn it off.

3. nagromme macrumors G5

nagromme

1. If you ever go to places with nearly no cell signal, consider turning on Airplane Mode temporarily. Weak signals burn battery.

2. Log out of Skype!

I don't know how Apple lets Microsoft get away with Skype's crimes. Every other communications app can let you be logged in to receive chat requests without burning any CPU, RAM, or battery until the moment you are actually ON a call. But Skype needs all of those resources just to be logged in.

3. Two-way video (FaceTime too, not just Skype) burns battery while in use. Save the long calls for then you're near power. There isn't much to be done about that: the device is encoding AND decoding, sending AND receiving lots of data, non-stop, while the screen and speaker remain on.

4. Power fully off and back on; just in case some "bad app" has gone nuts on you. Eventually the system will kill it, but maybe not right away.

4. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Go to :

Settings ~ General ~ Usage ~ Battery Usage ~ Toggle off Battery Percentage ~ Enjoy your phone. ;)

Seriously tho have a look at all the tips and tricks but try not to throttle your user experience.

Enjoy. :)

5. chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

settings - privacy - location services

turn off everything that doesn't need to know your location

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Settings->Cellular->LTE

I turn that off at night, since I don't have a charger near my night stand at the moment.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

The screen likely uses more power than anything. SO, not checking on the battery will save considerable amounts of power.

8. I7guy macrumors G5

- diagnostic services
    - frequent locations
    - system services as necessary
    - cellular data connection for unneeded apps

9. SHirsch999 macrumors 6502a

Keep the screen brightness as low as possible. I frequently use my iPad outside while the kids are playing. I've noticed that the battery drains much faster outside than inside with no difference in how it is used except for the need for a brighter screen outside.