CarPlay Waze for Carplay is now out

mzanker

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2008
United Kingdom
Working pretty well for me, although the display is a little cramped. The speed limit is hidden behind the top right box that displays the next turn and the speedometer is missing completely.

Also, the notification for hazards (speed cameras, roadworks, etc.) doesn't always go away by itself and I have to select "Thanks!".

Still, it appears to be stable so it's a good first effort :)

Tibits

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2011
Hallelujah! After using Waze via CarPlay all morning, I am very pleased with the implementation. I can finally take down the mount and put my phone in the console.

In future app updates, it would be great if Waze could integrate the full list of Next turns / Reports ahead, and more detail about alternate route options directly into the CarPlay interface. However those are relatively minor things.

Bulldog3777

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2009
Hallelujah! After using Waze via CarPlay all morning, I am very pleased with the implementation. I can finally take down the mount and put my phone in the console.

In future app updates, it would be great if Waze could integrate the full list of Next turns / Reports ahead, and more detail about alternate route options directly into the CarPlay interface. However those are relatively minor things.
I moved Google maps and Waze to the CarPlay home screen. How do I get rid of the minus sign on each?

Tibits

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2011
I moved Google maps and Waze to the CarPlay home screen. How do I get rid of the minus sign on each?
The minus just appears in the CarPlay settings screen on your phone. When you plug the phone into your vehicle, you should not see that minus on the vehicle's display.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.