CarPlay Waze & Google Maps For CarPlay ( iOS 12 )

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by FatherOfTwo, Sep 11, 2018.

1. FatherOfTwo macrumors regular

FatherOfTwo

Hi,

So we know that with IOS12 you’ll be able to have Waze, Google Maps and others available in CarPlay.

How will this work? Is it a case of update your iPhone to IOS12 and their wait for the relevant app to be updated or should this work as soon as you have IOS12?

Is anyone out there already having Waze, Google Maps running on your CarPlay system with the beta version of iOS12?

Thanks, Ian.

2. john991 macrumors 65816

We will have to wait till iOS 12 is released. Currently google maps doesn’t work with car play, under iOS 12 beta. As the app google maps, waze will have to be updated too.

3. Solver macrumors 6502a

Apple will allow developers to release App Store versions of their apps with iOS 12 specific features very soon. Until then, these only exist as pre-release developer apps. Some out there are currently testing betas of these apps.

4. spitcoff macrumors member

spitcoff

I am a waze beta tester and we do not have CarPlay support yet. Per the message we received it may be going straight to public release and is coming very soon and should be available near launch. I would expect to see it next week or the following at the latest.

5. DaveOP macrumors 65816

Just released in Beta today, was able to activate CarPlay in my Subaru Outback.

6. troy14 macrumors 6502a

I’m dying for this to become live stupid me thought they would release it as soon as iOS 12 went live...

Edit: JUST LOOKED AND GOOGLE MAPS RELEASED AN UPDATE WOOOOOO