Auto Waze with CarPlay?

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by Knowlege Bomb, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I'm pretty sure I saw a video demonstrating the Waze app working with CarPlay but I can't seem to get it to show up on my head unit.

Does anybody here with CarPlay use Waze?

2. britcay01 macrumors newbie

CarPlay doesn't support Waze. It's highly unlikely to make an appearance anytime soon, if at all. I've seen it on an Alpine iLX-007 using the aux video port and a miracast type device. That just mirrors the iPhone display & not able to control it from the HU

It's one of the reasons I held off CarPlay, but I've relented & apple maps is the only nav option.

http://www.carplaylife.com/category/apps/

3. Knowlege Bomb thread starter macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Quite the bummer. I'm really enjoying the added benefits of Waze so I've resorted to a mount on my windshield for my phone running waze and connecting for music via Bluetooth.

4. MacProPhil macrumors newbie

MacProPhil

Since apple will not fulfil their customers wishes buy an android phone and use auto play. It is a great shame but vote with your feet

5. Knowlege Bomb thread starter macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I have an Android phone (Pixel XL) but since I had an iPhone when I purchased my head unit I had it wired with a lightning connector. Once I get around to buying a lightning to USB-C adapter I'll try out Android auto.

6. Voxis macrumors newbie

Voxis

it is owned by google. my gut feeling tells me it would be on android auto instead.