Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

garymitchell911

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2009
help please

how do i find out which i have leopard or tiger here is my problem ned to download safari 4.3 tried leopard told me i needed 10.6 so i checked the apple like everybody tells me and it says 10.6 cant open itunes store as i need safari 4.3 what do i do please help

Z06jerry

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
one more thing
if ui want to use my older hdd as external hdd on the element enclosure, do i need to use the RPS plastic thingy again >?
i mean do i need to plug the plastic on the same position ?

You would only re-use the RPS jumper if you are re-installing a WD Scorpio Blue back into the Elements case.

I also just got my WD 640 gb Elements HD yesterday and it has the WD6400BEVT inside with a removable Sata board. Its very easy to open, I just used a bread knife and carefully popped off the bottom.

10-Dee-Q

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
You would only re-use the RPS jumper if you are re-installing a WD Scorpio Blue back into the Elements case.

I also just got my WD 640 gb Elements HD yesterday and it has the WD6400BEVT inside with a removable Sata board. Its very easy to open, I just used a bread knife and carefully popped off the bottom.

hmmmm ok , so im planning to use my seagate monentus 500GB with the enclosure, thats mean i dont need to put the RPS plastic right ?

thx all you all have been a great help :p

10-Dee-Q

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Hi, so my WD elements 640 just arrived
Its very easy to open the botom plastic enclosure,
My question is, then what?
I can't take out the hardisk from the casing :(
I search youtube but only found on how to remove the harddisk on my passport not elements.
Can somebody help here?
Thx

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.