WD drive not mounting

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ewood801, Apr 12, 2015.

1. ewood801 macrumors newbie

I have a iMac OSX 10 I connected a WD Passbook Ultra 1.5T. I attempted to make the external drive bootable, I am going add a Samsung 250 Evo, and want to fuse it with the internal 1T HHD. The Mac is very slow to boot. When it does boot I can not see the external drive in finder, but I can see it in DU. I disconnected the external drive now the Mac boots up to The OSX install window. The Mac is booting off the external drive but in finder I see the internal drive. I had 156GB used on the internal drive I did a TM backup now it reports I have 650GB used. What do I need to repair my Mac. I want get rid of the extra stuff on the internal drive and set up the external to be bootable and to use for Time Machine backup. Thank you

Ernest

2. ewood801 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok

I went to Startup disk in system pref and set the internal drive to start up the mac. Now it mounts and shows the external drive in finder.

I still have a problem My internal drive showed 156GB used now it shows 4X at 635GB used. The computer is running very slow. What can i do to correct this?