WD Ext HDD - Macfuse and NTFS 3G not showing

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by i-sidd, Apr 10, 2009.

1. i-sidd macrumors 6502a

I had asked in this thread before I got my ext HDD how to get NTFS read write capabilty. People here mentioned to install Macfuse and NTFS-3G. I installed both and today I received my 1TB WD Elements ext HDD, but when I go to disk utilities and select erase the oftion of NTFS-3G is not showing.

I don't know what to do, If I need to uninstall how do I do it and then do a fresh install how do I do that. Please help I have need to put a lot of files and I have been waiting for this HDD and now its not working:(.
    You help will be greatly appreciated.

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

3. i-sidd thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hi,
    I am glad to see you reply. Yes I uninstalled NTFS-3G and Macfuse and just now installed NTFS-3G which also included Macfuse. and after the istallation it says restart so I have shut down my mac and started it again plugged my ext drive and went to disk utility but again it doe snot give me the option. I don't know why its doing this. Any ideas to solve this issue?

4. i-sidd thread starter macrumors 6502a

Since I am not getting any response I guess no one knows the solution.

Let me ask you guys another question. If I format the drive to OS extended (Journaled), Will I be able to plug the usb into Popcorn hour and access all the content.

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

6. i-sidd thread starter macrumors 6502a

It does not show as a NTFS 3G however, in the drop down list after the MS DOS format there is a linux format is that what the NTFS format is? help please