WD Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Hogly, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Hogly macrumors newbie

I've been using a WD hard drive to back up my mac on time machine. When I used boot camp it recognises it (as an item on safely remove hardware) but I can't find it on my computer, any help?

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

3. upinflames900 macrumors 6502a

upinflames900

The drive is formated for mac so it cannot be read by the windows computer. If you are using it for time machine, then it is inaccessible to the windows side of things unless you create two partitions and format one as a FAT or NTFS.

4. Hogly thread starter macrumors newbie

As a fact I've already formatted a partion as NTFS, Im not a TOTAL idiot.

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Word of advice: In the future, actually tell us what you've done when you ask a question. Then, perhaps, we'll be able to not recommend something you've already done. :confused:

6. Hogly thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, this is only my second thread :(

7. upinflames900 macrumors 6502a

upinflames900

I apologize and I didn't call you stupid at all. If you would have mentioned that in your original post we would have known how to better answer your question. But if that is that case, I am not sure what to do.

8. Hogly thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry for being arrogant, anyone know whats happened?

9. steveza macrumors 68000

steveza

If you go into disk management (from computer manager) you will see the disk in there. You may need to assign a drive letter or initialise/import the drive - if you can't figure out what is required post a screenshot.