WD My Cloud Mirror

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by BasilFawlty, Aug 30, 2014.

1. BasilFawlty macrumors 6502

BasilFawlty

I am considering either a 6 or 8 TB My Cloud Mirror from Western Digital. It's a NAS that provides network storage that will allow you to essentially have your own "cloud" storage so you can access all files from any device, anywhere in the world.

Just wondering (from anyone who is actually using this) what are your thoughts on this device? Pros Cons?

2. gator68 macrumors newbie

I bought a 4TB and have been using it for about a week. It's easy to set up and administer. I lost my hard drive a while back with no backup, so I got this mostly to use as a wireless option for time machine. No problems so far.

The iTunes and DNLA support are a nice bonus and also seem to be working well. I haven't used the remote access yet, other than to verify that it works, so I don't any data on how well that performs.

I don't have anything to compare it to, but I think it's a good product overall.

3. BasilFawlty thread starter macrumors 6502

BasilFawlty

Thanks for the info! I'm looking at either the 6TB or 8TB version. The 8TB had been $479 on Amazon for a while (the 6TB was $449). I was just about to jump on the 8TB version when the price went up to $533. Think I'll wait a bit more and see if a deal pops up for the 8TB again.