WD My Cloud NAS and iTunes - do they work ok together?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by hewhore, Dec 7, 2015.

1. hewhore macrumors newbie

Hi, I currently have two iTunes libraries, one for music, and one for my 2.5TB video library. I would like to combine the two on a 4TB WD My Cloud NAS and be able to (easily) access all of that media using the WD iOS app.

I am just interested in hearing from anyone who keeps their main iTunes library on one of these boxes, general experiences, level of satisfaction etc..
    I have heard some users reporting problems getting the device to show the library consistently and as needed..

Thanks.

2. paulfnyc macrumors newbie

I just bought one of these (6TB version) in the sales to do exactly the same thing. I saw that some people were reporting issues with changed IP, the unit going to sleep and also slow to back up to etc. So I did a lot of checking around and found a review / post on Amazon I think that had solutions to all these problems. Most were logical fixes (for the above issues - fix the IP address, turn off energy savings and turn off anti virus during the initial back). I will set mine up this weekend and report back.