WD Scorpio 750gb 7200 can't reinstall OS

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by barnold08, Jul 31, 2011.

1. barnold08 macrumors newbie

I'm installing a new hard drive Scorpio black 750gb in my mid 2009 15"MBP, and everything went fine, computer will read it in disk utility and I can partition and all that jazz with Mac journaled and everything. But when I try to install to the drive it takes hours and still won't be installed and always says "time remaining 30 minutes"... What should I do ? Thanks in advance.

2. MKang25 macrumors regular

How long did you leave it for. It will say time remaining 30 minutes for like 10 minutes before it moves.

3. barnold08 thread starter macrumors newbie

I let it try and install one time over night and it came up with a bunch of error codes saying it couldn't install after hours. its just like it wont install onto the new hard drive is the only problem.. i've tried like 6 times, letting it sit for long periods of time

4. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

Sounds like you might have a bad drive. Do you have another drive to try as a test?

Cheers,

5. barnold08 thread starter macrumors newbie

It reads it though that's the thing that confuses me. I can see it and format it but won't install OS from the install disk.

6. fm2ahmed macrumors newbie

Same problem here

I have got exactly same problem with my 15 inch MacBookPro. I tried reinstalling 5-6 times, both LION OS & Snow Leopard but no help.:mad:

Left it running for hours but still no success. Can anyone please let me know as to what the problem is.

I have left it running before i quote this reply for like 16Hours now & i am in office. Will go home & i wish it finishes without any errors.:confused:

IF ANYONE HAS GOT THE SOLUTION,CAN U Plsssss email me on farooq2u@gmail.com