We are halfway down.. 6 more months for the 6S plus!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Appl3FTW, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

i can't wait to buy the newest iteration of the iphone

2. HenryDJP macrumors 603

Even thought you don't know a thing about it or if it's even worth the upgrade from the 6 Plus. :p

3. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

Yeah, I want to upgrade my 5S but I'm holding off to see what the 6S offers.

4. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

yes.. i buy it anyways. LOL

5. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

To be fair, he didn't mention if he had a 6+. He could be a holdout clutching an iPhone 4S or 5 waiting for Apple to give him a reasonable jump.

6. gixxerfool macrumors 6502a

gixxerfool

That's me. I started on the S cycle until I switched carriers and ended up on the non-S cycle. I'm holding onto my 5 for as long as I can.

7. JunBringer macrumors member

JunBringer

I'm curious what they do as well, since I have t-mobile jump and can upgrade a couple times a year.

8. Ev0d3vil macrumors 6502

I'm waiting for the 2gb ram. Honeatly the 6+ doesn't cut it since it still has 1gb ram.

9. puma1552 macrumors 601

hard to believe we are halfway through the cycle. my 6 STILL feels brand new, still novel...cant say that for any of my older iphones i had.

10. HenryDJP macrumors 603

Well your point is very well taken, however I was making a point that the 6 Plus is available now if you need a phone and waiting for the "6S" to arrive and only finding out that Apple made some modifications that suddenly made the 6 Plus the better buy. That's the life of being an Apple (or actually any tech company) customer. Just when you think the newest will be better.....

11. got556 macrumors 6502

got556

Honestly, the processor is fine with me. Since it's an S model, we won't see any physical differences and thats were I think the 6 design could most benefit from. Spec wise, just give it 2 or 3 gigs of RAM and call it a day. Other than that I'd be happy.

As for the next phone, I don't mind if they keep this design, but honestly if I could change the 6+, I'd make it a tad thicker (easier to hold) while allowing a bigger battery, shorten the top and bottom bezels and trim the side bezels. Call it a day. Oh and that pesky RAM bump.

12. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

6 plus owner here

13. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

A valid point and I think the 2014 Mac Mini is your prime example. Johnny Ive still keeps me wondering what he will sacrifice next on the altar of "thinness" - maybe that SIM door? a proprietary headphone jack?

14. dexterbell macrumors 6502a

I upgrade every year, why not? You just sell your current one on CL and buy the new one retail. With the money from my previous model plus some extra cash, Ive never paid more than what new customers pay anyways.