"We are unable to activate your Apple Developer Program membership."

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by mathieuhendey, Dec 27, 2011.

1. mathieuhendey macrumors newbie

So I signed up as an iOS developer, and I get an email with a link. I click that link and get "We are unable to activate your Apple Developer Program membership.". WTF? When I check member centre however, it says that they are in the process of verifying my identity, not that it's failed. Does that mean I may be able to activate later or am I going to have to ring up Apple tomorrow? I am under 18 and used my mum's credit card, which may have something to do with it. They have already billed her however, so my identity was verified enough to be charged for it but not to activate. Going to call them tomorrow and get severely pissed off if they can't sort it. Any advice?

2. firewood macrumors 604

This can happen when there is any discrepancy in the identifying information between your developer registration and the credit card used.

If you are under 18, the developer program may not even allow you to enroll. Carefully check the agreements you clicked.

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

When did you sign up and what information did you give, because the legal age required to sign up is 18.

The process can take up-to 24 hrs to complete

http://developer.apple.com/programs/start/standard/

4. mathieuhendey thread starter macrumors newbie

So am I scuppered? I just got an email back from them saying that the enrolment and billing information did not match. Will we have been billed yet, or should I call and cancel and make a new account with my mother's details?

5. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Just be sure that if you go this route, that your mother is comfortable with agreeing to all the agreements, is okay with the tax implications of the account, etc.

6. mathieuhendey thread starter macrumors newbie

OK :(.

If I do that will my seller name be my mother's name or can I customise it in iTunes connect?

7. dejo, Dec 27, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2011

dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

It will be your mother's name.

P.S. Make sure you've read the Program Enrollment FAQ

8. mathieuhendey thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay I just got this back in an email, perhaps the Ts&Cs have changed recently.

"If you are interested in becoming a Registered Apple Developer and participating in our programs, we ask that you please have your parent/legal guardian contact us via telephone."

9. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

What leads you the feel the terms have changed?

10. mathieuhendey thread starter macrumors newbie

Because some Google-fu revealed that people trying to sign up in the same way as me were being rejected, and now it says that contacting them with my legal guardian will help them sort it out. I don't know, I might (probably am) be wrong, but there appears to be a glimmer of hope on the horizon.

11. rossipoo macrumors regular

I'm not sure this is necessarily the case. Perhaps it is not the same now, but when I set up my account, I was able to enter a "display name" for the app store listing. I chose to use a preferred name rather than the same as my billing/legal name.