"We are unable to connect at this time."

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by melterx12, Sep 25, 2013.

1. melterx12 macrumors 6502a

I seem to be having an issue placing an order for an iPhone 5S at the apple online store. I am trying to upgrade my existing phone on verizon, however when I enter my mobile number and information I get an error saying "We are unable to connect at this time." and to try again later. I have been trying to place an order for 2 days now...

I know I am entering the correct information because when I enter wrong information I get a correct message saying my information does not match my mobile number... So it is going through but still giving me this damn error.

Called Apple they were unable to help me with it just chalked it up to server congestion...

2. enthawizeguy macrumors 6502

did you ever figure out why this was happening?

3. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Wow a dead thread raised to life. Anyways, I placed an order on iPhone 6+ early this morning (dn't care about 3-4 weeks, it's worth waiting) and later in the afternoon I get the e-mail to complete the order. Only to find that Apple could not complete the order because it couldn't connect to the carrier server (AT&T for me) and I called Apple, only to find out to keep trying as there is high traffic issues. So I'm checking like every 5 minutes or so. So yea keep trying.

4. enthawizeguy macrumors 6502

i can't even get past the upgrade check screen i have been trying since launch announcement and have spoken to literally every supervisor at apple and att and none of them know what to do. I had a 9/19 phone delivery that i lost cause of that and the best they can offer me now is 7-10 days once they figure out how to get around it. I may just wait in line over night but I need this to be fixed first so i can go in the store and do it.