We don't even have iPhone over here yet :(

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Europe calling, May 22, 2008.

1. Europe calling macrumors regular

Europe calling

I want my Iphone too!
    I've seen the touchscreen on iPod and i want one!:D
    But no one seems to have any idea when it will be sold over here - The Netherlands- and by which carrier (i'm on Vodafone and don't want to have to switch)

2. nick9191 macrumors 68040

Apple will be rolling out the new yet to be released 3G iPhone in many countries across Europe shortly. I believe unfortunately for you it will be with T-Mobile in the netherlands, however the good news is that it will be sometime this year.

You could just import one from the US or the UK and hack it, and put in your Vodafone sim.

3. frosse macrumors 6502a

Same here. Sweden isnt on the list of markets in mind to introduce the iphone. Blows big time. My dad will have to grab one in NY if I dont see an iphone in sweden by late fall. :(

4. greekpaz22 macrumors regular

That sucks...You should order one from the states and bring it back over there..

5. zmit macrumors regular

yep. do it. i imported mine from the US and i live in Australia!. same boat, we dont have it here yet, but im loving mine!

(hanging out for the new one though!)

6. Xenn0X macrumors regular

i'm from the netherlands and have a :apple:iphone pwnd with orange as provider.
    bought it in the usa on vacantion and took it with me.

7. frosse macrumors 6502a

But how do you do it? I thought that if you bought an iphone from the us you'll have to pay for the whole phone + the remaining months to go on your subscription?! And then hack it...

that would be like

600 for the phone + AT&T bills

until you've paid off the subscription...right?

= a lot of money...

8. jontucker macrumors 6502

No. You can walk in to a store (in any country that sells them), buy the phone (for the same prices as everyone else), take it back to the netherlands, use one of a few bits of free software available to unlock it, slot your SIM in and away you go. All that left to pay is the contract on the SIM you use!

9. frosse macrumors 6502a

I thought that the iphone was sold ONLY with an AT&T subscription? :confused:

10. wrkactjob macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

No its sold as a stand alone item not associated with any subscription to any network.

You take it home and in the case of the UK you activate it through iTunes which in turn links to an O2 contract.

Of course you don't do this, you just download some software like iliberty for example which cracks the software and slot in your own sim card and away you go.

Simply buy an iPhone from Ebay.

Easy