"We Don't Support That"... REVISTED

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by DeepIn2U, May 17, 2008.

1. DeepIn2U macrumors 68040

DeepIn2U

Hello Everyone,

Back on December 14, 2004 I posted a thread (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=101184) with a simular title, to reflect on the annoyances of just such a phrase when you call in for software support or a question of using a service or product to use on your Mac and you get that annoying response "We Don't Support That".

However, with the incredible success that Apple Inc (formerly Apple Computer Inc) has had with rising iPhone & Mac sales, including steadily increasing market share, I'm beginning to wonder if this is often as heard as much as it used to back in 2004 - the phrase or mantra if you will. Even IBM is considering using Mac for technical support reps in varying divisions.

I was just curious if ppl are still hearing this mantra from support desks, or response to inquiries for products & services they wish to use on their Macs to share with us, OR are you pleasantly surprised to hear "we support Mac TOO" lately??

Thanks.

FOOTNOTE: 2004 - Yes I've been here that long & STILL no MAC :( to change VERY soon.

2. DeepIn2U thread starter macrumors 68040

DeepIn2U

3. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

As I'm new to Mac in general, can't say that I have. But, with my new mac, I did have an issue with the ram I upgraded to, and took it to AIS, a mac reseller, and they were both prompt and reliable in advice and in the diagnosis of the problems. A bad ram stick, only 3 weeks old. I had them also look over the machine and they gave it a good going over. I appreciate service like this, and good support as well.