We finally get unified IDs on the 3DS and Wii

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Jessica Lares, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

There's an update being pushed out today that gives us the unified IDs, Miiverse, and making it harder to accidentally opening the camera.

Finally.

2. blesscheese macrumors 6502a

blesscheese

Holy cow! About time...I think Nintendo is finally starting the figure out how to do online stuff.

Not fully figuring it out, but definitely starting to...

3. Jessica Lares thread starter macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Yeah, sadly the eShop is having too many problems today because people are scrambling to get it all setup. So I'm giving it awhile until I update mine.

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

It's quite nice having the Miiverse on the 3DS but I really hope this is just the first step to getting cross-buy, cross-save style support between Wii U and 3DS.

If Sony can do it surely Nintendo can too.

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

BUT!!!! your downloads are still tied to the hardware :(

6. jedolley macrumors 68000

This.

Also NNIDs are still tied to WiiUs (i.e. get a new WiiU, have to use another NNID). Not sure if this is similar on 3DS side (going to pick one up today).

7. blesscheese macrumors 6502a

blesscheese

Unless I am completely mistaken, same for the 3DS side of the house as well.

Like I said above, Nintendo is "starting" to get it right...nowhere near finished, however :(

8. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

What's annoying is that they clearly have the ability to support unified billing / ID system but are choosing to not just embrace it whole heartedly.

It has stopped me buying games from the E-Store on both consoles which is a shame as they at least offer reasonable pricing structure on their E-Store for retail games, and I would buy them digitally for convenience but the fact they are tied so so badly to my hardware means I just can't do it....

9. Miharu macrumors 6502

Miharu

NNID will now be also locked to a single 3DS at one time, so if you happen to lose your 3DS, you will lose the ability to use that same NNID on any other 3DS because Nintendo has said they don't have the ability to remotely remove it from that one 3DS that was stolen/lost/whatever. So, great going Nintendo ;) Even if they somehow did make it available for you to log into another new 3DS with the same NNID, you will still lose all your purchases at least.

10. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

1 word.... Shambles !!!!

Or should that be Super Shambles 3DS ;). Seriously Nintendo you've been doing gaming longer than the other two combined and still can't offer basic feature set that your competition does. It's rather pathetic if truth be told.

11. TriforceGal macrumors newbie

TriforceGal

It's about time, I had like $8 in 3DS money that I've been meaning to spend on Wii U stuff :p