We finally get unified IDs on the 3DS and Wii

blesscheese

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
Central CA
There's an update being pushed out today that gives us the unified IDs, Miiverse, and making it harder to accidentally opening the camera.

Finally.
Holy cow! About time...I think Nintendo is finally starting the figure out how to do online stuff.

Not fully figuring it out, but definitely starting to...

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
It's quite nice having the Miiverse on the 3DS but I really hope this is just the first step to getting cross-buy, cross-save style support between Wii U and 3DS.

If Sony can do it surely Nintendo can too.

blesscheese

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
Central CA
This.

Also NNIDs are still tied to WiiUs (i.e. get a new WiiU, have to use another NNID). Not sure if this is similar on 3DS side (going to pick one up today).
Unless I am completely mistaken, same for the 3DS side of the house as well.

Like I said above, Nintendo is "starting" to get it right...nowhere near finished, however :(

MRU

Suspended
Aug 23, 2005
Other
Unless I am completely mistaken, same for the 3DS side of the house as well.

Like I said above, Nintendo is "starting" to get it right...nowhere near finished, however :(
What's annoying is that they clearly have the ability to support unified billing / ID system but are choosing to not just embrace it whole heartedly.

It has stopped me buying games from the E-Store on both consoles which is a shame as they at least offer reasonable pricing structure on their E-Store for retail games, and I would buy them digitally for convenience but the fact they are tied so so badly to my hardware means I just can't do it....

Miharu

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2007
Finland
NNID will now be also locked to a single 3DS at one time, so if you happen to lose your 3DS, you will lose the ability to use that same NNID on any other 3DS because Nintendo has said they don't have the ability to remotely remove it from that one 3DS that was stolen/lost/whatever. So, great going Nintendo ;) Even if they somehow did make it available for you to log into another new 3DS with the same NNID, you will still lose all your purchases at least.

MRU

Suspended
Aug 23, 2005
Other
NNID will now be also locked to a single 3DS at one time, so if you happen to lose your 3DS, you will lose the ability to use that same NNID on any other 3DS because Nintendo has said they don't have the ability to remotely remove it from that one 3DS that was stolen/lost/whatever. So, great going Nintendo ;) Even if they somehow did make it available for you to log into another new 3DS with the same NNID, you will still lose all your purchases at least.
1 word.... Shambles !!!!

Or should that be Super Shambles 3DS ;). Seriously Nintendo you've been doing gaming longer than the other two combined and still can't offer basic feature set that your competition does. It's rather pathetic if truth be told.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.