We love Mavericks... but:

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by joewillmott, Oct 23, 2013.

1. joewillmott macrumors regular

I personally love Mavericks, as I have seen many do, but there are some small things that bug me. So yeah, post your little annoyances here rather than create a new thread for the tiny things!

- They switched the "open in new tab" and "open in new window" order on right-click.
    - The dock is white and harder to see.
    - Two-finger swipes to go back aren't as responsive.
    - You have to approach the dock slightly slower otherwise it doesn't pop up.

Like I said; overall I love it and some of the new features are excellent, but we humans love to complain about the little things, so join me!

2. eminemead macrumors newbie

i hate the white dock as well.

one thing i've noticed is that the OS starts to eat my RAM extremely fast.
    My 15" rMBP has 16g of RAM, and when i had safari, tweet deck, airmail open, i have 1G free memory, lol. Admittedly, i have 25+ tabs open, but....I guess it's a good thing that the OS utilizes RAM usage, i'm waiting for the compressed memory to show up in my activity monitor.

3. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

4. Sean869 macrumors member

Sean869

I have a late 2012 Mini that suffered from the HDMI 'crushed whites' problem that was fixed with 10.8.3 now using 10.9.0 my display seems to have lost some of its shaprness. It not as bad as it was but there is a definate loss of quality.