We must do something ios 8.1 battery is Bleeding!!!

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by boy700, Oct 24, 2014.

1. boy700 macrumors newbie

We must do something guys , my new iphone 6+ has *****d up battery ! , i feel like i am using old iphone 4 ... i tried all tutorials and solutions in the web but they not helping me at all , please tell me how i can send this complaint to apple so they fix this big issues.

2. mangomind macrumors 6502a

mangomind

Until Apple issues another iOS update, this battery problem can be resolved by backing up the phone, performing a restore, and restoring from the backup. It seems like this battery issue was caused by the update from 8.0.x to 8.1 corrupting the firmware and introducing a battery leak.

3. ipadlvr macrumors regular

In must sound like a broken record but I've said it so many times.

An iOS device will NEVER be as good as when it came out of the box. You take it out and you never update it. Ever. Just wait until you get the new iOS device in a couple of years.

4. Che Castro macrumors 603

Maybe this is in my head but letting the battery drain dead on a new iPhone or iPad always helps battery life
    You only need to do it one time

Dead until the phone shuts off

----------

You said this many times?
    But you just joined this month

5. lenard macrumors 6502

Got to watch those health tracking apps, they use a lot of battery. Took me a month to get the battery right. Last app I threw out was "Human", watch apps using location services also and check battery usage in the settings a couple of times during the day and might be able to track the problem down. Lastly try not to use the brightes setting on screen, eats a lot battery when it is turned way up. For three weeks I was getting home with 36% left, after all the adjustments I get home at 76%', way better even than the iPhone 5s. Hope this helps.

6. irnchriz, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2014

irnchriz macrumors 65816

irnchriz

YOU need to do something. Battery life on my 6+is ace. Just go into settings, usage, battery usage to discover what is using the most power. Also bear in mind that using your phone in a weak signal area will eat up the battery too.

Attached Files:

7. gordon1234 macrumors 6502a

That's incredibly stupid for a whole mess of reasons. Maybe if you have a device that is several generations old you should think twice before installing a major OS update that may struggle on your hardware, but avoid installing minor updates to the device? Every single iOS release is at its worst when it's released in initial form. It general takes several rounds of bug fixes to get it to a truly stable form.

The only reason you would never upgrade your device is if you enjoy pain and suffering.

8. Alimar macrumors 6502a

Alimar

Gas hogs... on top of ALL the other factors...

Attached Files:

9. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

How much battery life are you getting? Take a screenshot of your Usage settings.

10. Arcade macrumors regular

Arcade

At first I thought ios8 messed up my battery. After checking around I found out that it was uno friends draining battery. I deleted the app now my battery is back to normal excellent battery usage.

11. JWorld127 macrumors 6502

JWorld127

I restored from the date i did the back up when i originally got my iphone 6+ launch date and it fixed it.....try that hope it works....i too did everything humanly possible to fix the battery drain/hot issue.....and that worked...good luck

12. MothJab macrumors newbie

That's just ridiculous and crazy talk.

13. irnchriz, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2014

irnchriz macrumors 65816

irnchriz

What complete rot. EVERY iOS device I have bought has taken 3 days to a week to get to peak battery life. if day one battery usage is good it's going to be even better after a few charges/discharges.

14. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

My battery life is about the same as 8.0.1. Maybe even better. 2+ days of standby, 10+ hours of usage.

15. cjake, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2014

cjake macrumors member

4 week old 6 Plus on 8.1.
    9 hours overnight after a full charge, battery reads 97%.

WiFi ON
    BlueTooth OFF
    Cellular and LTE ON
    Background App Refresh OFF

No issue here.

16. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

The thread title made me laugh I had to click. :)

17. atiffarooq macrumors 6502

atiffarooq

Haha, me too!

18. Jazper macrumors 6502a

That's not even true, many iOS updates bring a lot of optimisation - it's the upgrading between these updates (without doing a fresh install) that introduces bugs like this one.

19. newellj macrumors 601

You've obviouusl never used an iOS device for longer than a year. I Tried that with my iPhone 4. It was bad enough that most of the apps wouldn't update. What was worse ways that I couldn't install a lot of new apps that required a more recent version of iOS. It turned out to be s pretty useless idea. I gave in and updated eventually

20. MaxPayne79 macrumors regular

honestly nothing can be done bud, believe me. I started a thread about this and I got so much flack from people and some of the clowns here that i stopped responding to their ignorance. you have to wait till apple acknowledges the problem and puts out a fix, or go back to 8.0 or rock 8.1 beta 1 which has no battery issue.

21. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

Based on what information?

22. mangomind macrumors 6502a

mangomind

Based on numerous accounts and experiences.

Why are you surprised at the solution? Do you know the facts: many people aren't experiencing problems and other people are having problems after loading 8.1 on top of 8.0.x?

23. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

Defensive much? I was just asking.

24. mangomind macrumors 6502a

mangomind

No, I wasn't defensive. I was sincerely asking you some questions; they weren't rhetorical questions.

To explain more, it's based on info I've gathered from many people, throughout many iOS updates. Much of the time an issue that is related to an update can be solved by restoring the iOS software. It is a software corruption issue affecting certain people, caused by installing an update on top of the existing version.

25. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

That's links never crossing a car so you won't get involved in a traffic accident. Possible, but you also miss out on the convenience and utility. I would argue that the cons really outweigh the benefits here.