Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Donz0r

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2006
Apps Crashing, Phone resetting, etc. These problems should not be happening. How long did they test the 2.0 software before releasing it?! I thought it was a long time! I've had so many apps reset the entire phone! Not even just the apps themselves. Even Non app store apps like "Photos" have failed to open.

The UI can be very laggy sometimes, randomly.

Last night my entire iPhone 3G just died. Froze when I tried to open up email, I was downloading/installing an app from the App Store called "Mind Warp" an optical illusion app. I opened mail while the app was installing and the iPhone completely froze. I held down the Lock button and after a quick spazm, the slide to power off thing came up. Powered down and got the apple logo on startup and it wouldn't go away. I had to hold down both buttons on the phone for 30 seconds, then hold down the home button and plug it into itunes for like 20 seconds, and iTunes had to do a full restore, What's worse is that the backup of the phone wouldn't work for some reason so I had to restore it as a new iPhone. Now half of my apps that I paid for are gone, and I did ''check for purchases'' in iTunes and they don't come up. I'll have to call Apple after work to get my apps back, luckily i had my contacts synced w/ address book and didn't have anything too important on my iPhone.

This shouldn't happen. One time I was showing off my iPhone to someone, and they're so impressed by its capabilities, and then I launch an app that I've never had problems with and the whole phone resets!

elbirth

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2006
North Carolina, US
yeah, my biggest complaint is the apps crashing the phone to the point of making it reboot itself. that is INCREDIBLY annoying, and the iPhone 3G takes forever to boot, even if it's just starting up from a normal power down.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.