iPad Pro We need more keyboard shortcuts for EVERYTHING

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Ghost31, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Ghost31 macrumors 68000

Ghost31

Every since getting my smart keyboard I've been using them for everything I can. Switching apps. Spotlight searching. When I unlock my iPad I'll app switch to safari, cmd+L to select the search bar and just type "iPad" for the bookmark here to show up and click the link and boom. I'm here 2 seconds flat after turning on my iPad.

It's disappointing going through every other app where they don't have them though. Like using a Reddit app. Can't scroll with the arrow buttons or select with enter. Or go back and forth between posts. If you could just do those things alone, you would barely have to even touch the screen. Add in customized shortcuts that you could make yourself and it would be the coolest thing ever.

So far I don't think I've seen any 3rd party apps add them AFAIK

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Write to app devs and let them know you want keyboard shortcuts. I bet it hasn't really registered yet in many devs minds that now that Smart Keyboard is available, keyboard shortcuts are a thing.

3. Ghost31 thread starter macrumors 68000

Ghost31

Because of this comment, I'm spending the next hour of my day off writing devs of my favorite apps with ideas on good keyboard shortcuts. Thanks

4. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

personally speaking, dont ever use the command button. Coming from a windows background it isnt a natural thing for me to use.

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I come from a Windows background myself, and I do mix up keyboard shortcuts, like trying to use alt-F4 to close an app. But most command button shortcuts on Mac/iOS map to control shortcuts in Windows. I think. In any case, it's not like I find one modifier button more difficult to get used to than another.

6. nicegoogly macrumors regular

nicegoogly

I would love some more shortcuts. Find some of the ones missed really glaring. We can't CMD Q?!?!

7. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I almost never shut down apps in iOS.