We Need More Keynote....!!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by toneman76, Sep 17, 2008.

1. toneman76 macrumors newbie

I love keynote!! I really do! It's definetly blows powerpoint out of the water, except... It needs to be easier to present it with out burning to dvd, making a "TIMED" quicktime video. WHy haven't they come out with something like keynote lite app for the iphone/touch or any iPod. I mean this would do wonders for business people, teachers, and students!! just have to bring your device and output cables, is so much lighter than bringing my AIR as light as it is, everywhere with all the cables for that. Come on apple all the app needs to do is present a keynote presentation nothing more!! what do you all thinK?

2. kieran12 macrumors newbie

cool

I like it, it sounds like a good idea. And it can't be too hard to implement seeing as (as far as I remember) the iPhone now has built in support for keynote files. I think we will definitely see this sometime soon. I don't think it's something Apple will include but a third party developer should definitely give it a go. I would try but I'm only getting started with iPhone development.

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I would be nice to do something like that. At present though, you can do a simple one by taking a screenshot of each slide, uploading them to the device, then using the Universal Dock to view and control it like a slideshow.

TEG

4. pit29 macrumors 6502a

pit29

You can export as jpegs from Keynote, import them into an e.g. iPhoto Album and show it on your iP-x. You can also export a .pdf from Keynote and use Acrobat Reader to give the presentation. The only thing you loose in both cases are transitions and animations... You can time it yourself, though.

5. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

You can also convert to a .mov file, which will not only retain the transitions and animations, but will pause after each action. :cool: