We Need Screen Protectors(front+back)!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by homes2525, Jun 23, 2010.

1. homes2525 macrumors member

2. bozzykid macrumors 68020

I've never used a screen protector a day in my life and I'm not starting now. Why would I get a phone with a great screen and stick a blurry piece of plastic on it? Just get a case that is raised over the top edge if you are that worried.

3. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

why ruin a great screen by putting a bubbly piece of blurred plastic on it?

4. ubercool macrumors 6502a

ubercool

Mozaktly! :D

5. falconeight Guest

falconeight

I always use screen protectors. And if you take you time they look just as good as not having one.

6. Prolif1k macrumors 6502

You'd have to be retarded to think it's not possible for these things to not scratch. Wrong place at the wrong time and you end up with a scratched screen. I don't care how perfect anyone thinks you are. Someone could be jogging down the street and run into without looking and knock your phone out of your hand. If it hits the sidewalk, there is a pretty good chance the phone will get scratched; I don't care about David Pogue's Twitter post. He's either lying that it didn't get scratched or he was extremely lucky.

I take my chances and don't use a screen protector, but I know damn well the screen can get scuffed at any time. Protectors are definitely worth it for people who don't want to take the risk though.

7. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

If it gets scratched, it's replaceable.

I'm just going to enjoy mine. Why worry?

8. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

I'm not sure of a surface that is actually "scratch proof" - so it shouldn't be too surprising to people that a "glass" surface that is advertises as "scratch resistant" can actually be scratched. :rolleyes:

9. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Yeah, those photos and video are going to look REALLY good going through a layer of plastic.

Come on, guys, I don't care what Chicken Little told you, the sky is not actually falling.

;)

10. Loiterer macrumors member

Have you ever even seen a properly applied screen protector? If you do it correctly you can't even tell it's on.

11. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

He'll say anything to make Apple look good. Period.

12. Mark Booth macrumors 65816

Mark Booth

My Canon 5D Mark II has a plastic screen over the LCD. I've seen lots of photos of Canon 5D Mark IIs with scratches on that screen. Yet, despite the fact that I'm not overly careful with my 5D Mark II, I don't have a single scratch. I hang the thing around my neck and that screen bumps against my belt buckle, as well as buttons on shirts and zippers on jackets. No scratches. It makes me wonder that the hell people are doing to get scratches in the first place.

Personally, I'll take a glass that is slightly easier to scratch but far less likely to shatter. And that's what I think Apple was shooting for.

Mark

13. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Keyword: "resistant".

The price of the iPhone is below what it costs to equip it with higher quality glass.

14. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

Tru dat.

There will still be people who won't protect it because "their previous phone never got scratches" and they'll throw a fit when they end up with scratches.

15. cherrygirlunmei macrumors member

You can also go here: http://www.bestskinsever.com/ and here: http://www.zagg.com/.

I used these for my iPod Touch and Zune HD in the past and they are awesome. You need to use water to soak the screen protectors and apply them into your device. It's actually really easy to do if you got a steady hand. BSE and IS sells the same exact product, except that the former sells it for MUCH less.

I'm going to wait for my iP4 to arrive then I'm going to purchase some at BSE next week. Thinking about getting just the front screen protector since I'm going to get a case for my iP4 later once it goes on sale.

16. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

Sign up for the Zagg iPad Giveaway [link]. They're giving away discount codes as part of the contest, and I was able to snag and use 50%, 40%, and 30% coupon codes! So, I got two for the price of one and posted the others in another thread (already used).