Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

comatory

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
I set up this FB page to see if it could gain similar momentum like the Mac Pro page. I know that Apple isn't largely influenced by outside/press that much but the mentioned FB page got so many fans that eventually Tim Cook made (although not very clear) statement about future "Pro" products.

I thought why not try the same, maybe we'd get an estimate if new iMacs are coming in 2012 or not.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/We-Want-2012-iMac/396040687125091

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Ok..... not to sound harsh, but having said page won't make it happen. Although it is long overdue.

This same thing happened with MacBook Pro/MacBoom updates before the redesign.

comatory

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
Ok..... not to sound harsh, but having said page won't make it happen. Although it is long overdue.

This same thing happened with MacBook Pro/MacBoom updates before the redesign.

Nah it's OK, I know that probably it won't. Maybe having another place to brag about it feels those of us who anxiously wait a bit better :)

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009
Why is the latest links from your linking the worst rumor article out there. I don't think apple will care but it's a nice way to get out frustration. But at least you show dig out the best rumors and not that silly article were te writer doesn't even know the difference between iMac and a Mac pro. That article ticks me off.

comatory

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
Why is the latest links from your linking the worst rumor article out there. I don't think apple will care but it's a nice way to get out frustration. But at least you show dig out the best rumors and not that silly article were te writer doesn't even know the difference between iMac and a Mac pro. That article ticks me off.

Its just one of those I hadnt seen. I encourage in that post anyone to post there. I will try to dig up something better.

washburn said:
good work man, now just a couple of decent sized websites should mention this

Yeah I wondered it wouldnt be hard since thousands come here every day, once the number of fans get bigger It might get mentioned.

boto

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2012
I highly doubt Apple will respond to this FB post. The Mac Pro statement was addressed only because there was a minor refresh that many developers and others were not happy about. I'm pretty certain we can expect an iMac update this year and it could possibly be by mid next month. I just hope whatever that will be released will not disappoint us because I'm really looking forward to a GTX 680m/7970m option

HurryKayne

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2010
If their answer to ImacFB page (thanks guy)will be a silent speed bump,with no retina,no redesign,but just 28nmGPu,IvyBridge and Usb3 ,i would buy in a zap.

Lancer

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Australia
Don't know how many articles I've read telling us what we already know, that the update is long over due.

I say anything that lights a fire under Tim's butt is okay by me :p

I've been saving up over a year and now in a position to buy, but Apple doesn't want my money it seams :)

comatory

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
Thanks guys. Its not gonna make a huge impact but it is another way to show discontent with current situation. Keep on liking/sharing, who knows maybe it'll reach someone from Apple and we might get a statement on current situation or something.

CoreyLahey

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2012
Great idea, thanks for setting it up and I actually found a lot of linked rumors I hadn't heard about before

comatory

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
bump! let's make it to 500 likes, I'll try to notify some major websites about it then.

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
Too bad I deactivated my Facebook account.

Otherwise, you have my vote. Even though it doesn't count. Oh well.

comatory

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
My friend does it quite often if he needs to focus on work. @Icaras: thanks anyway :)

comatory

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
A litlle update, Filip Truta of SoftPedia mentioned the FB page on the website, cool :)

There’s a petition up on Facebook calling on Apple to refresh its all-in-one desktop computer, the iMac. The petitioners mainly want USB 3.0 and a better graphics card.

Arguing that the iMac has long been due for a refresh, the petition – We Want 2012 iMac – asks of Apple to deliver. Just like the Mac Pro petition, which gained a lot of traction, but ended with unsatisfactory results.

According to the authors, “iMac is way overdue for refresh (500 days), while 2011 iMac is still powerful it lacks now ubiquitous USB 3.0 port and better GPUs. Lots of us need new iMacs as our main computer replacements and current iMacs are just not good value. 2013 is a long wait!”

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.