Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Veldek

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 29, 2003
Germany
http://www.berlinonline.de/berliner-zeitung/wirtschaft/396778.html

Interview with Eddy Cue (in German). In the last paragraph he says (my translation):

What we want to do with Motorola is to bring music to cell phones. There are many people who like to have their favorite music with them on their cell phone. This is a big opportunity for us. Soon, our music software iTunes will be integrated in many cell phones. Even in cheaper models. Because we want to appeal the masses. After this, we will see further.

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
This is the google translation of the page.

http://translate.google.com/transla...&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=/language_tools

The translation shows human translation still needs to be done. the title is

"we want to bring music on Handys"

Here is the last paragraph:

Which we want with Motorola together, is, to bring music on Handys. There are many people, which would like to always also have their Lieblingssongs also on its mobile telephone thereby. That is a large chance for us. Already soon our music software will be integrated iTunes into many Handys. Even into cheaper models. Finally we want into the mass-market. We will see how it continues to go.

Veldek translation is much much better. I have one question though, in Germany do they mobile phones "handys"? In Singapore and Malaysia they called them "Hand phones". In American, we still say "cell phone". In Spain they say "moblie".

Veldek

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 29, 2003
Germany
superbovine said:
I have one question though, in Germany do they mobile phones "handys"? In Singapore and Malaysia they called them "Hand phones". In American, we still say "cell phone". In Spain they say "moblie".

Yep, here in Germany we use the English word Handy for a cell phone. It's very strange as this word (with this meaning) doesn't exist in English. I wonder who made this up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.