Weak Haptic - Actual or Perceived

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Jon Firuz, May 17, 2015.

1. Jon Firuz macrumors newbie

Received my SS watch nine days ago. I perceive the haptic to be getting weaker but I am not certain that it actually is. I know they had problems with it but supposedly fixed it.

Is anyone else experiencing a weakening haptic within a nine day timeframe?

2. SonRK macrumors 6502

You probably just got used to the strength of the tap, and perceive it as weaker?

I'm actually experiencing phantom taps now, like how you think your phone is vibrating. I think my watch tapped me, but no notifications:eek:!

3. angle macrumors regular

My issue is if I'm doing anything physical (walking (though I'm a fast(er) walker), moving about, using my hands in any type of vigorous way) I don't feel the haptic taps. Otherwise, I feel it's a decent tap and I don't miss it. Just have to not have anything else going on that would distract my attention.

I would love the ability to edit some of the haptic settings (such as number of taps for certain alerts / notifications). I suspect this level of granular control will (hopefully!) arrive in future updates.

4. Jon Firuz thread starter macrumors newbie

I can't help but think mine is getting weaker. I'm keeping my ear to the ground for similar reports and as soon as I get some confirmation that it's not just me, I'm heading to the Apple Store.

The maximum haptic feedback setting is pretty weak.

As far as physical activity goes, I do notice it when running or exercising. But I do think it's getting progressively weaker.

5. thenumbersrbad macrumors 6502

thenumbersrbad

I was in the same boat as you. I felt in the beginning it was strong, then I started missing notifications and then could only tell I was getting the by the sound before/during the taps. Took my 42mm into an Apple Store for an appointment and the tech tried my watch on and their watch on and commented mine felt weaker, so it was sent out for repair ... Waiting to see what happens now

6. coffeemadmanUK macrumors 6502a

coffeemadmanUK

I was thinking this just this morning. I had a few notifications on my Watch and I hadn't realised.

When I check the settings it works and the haptic can be felt. But I, too, am sure this is getting weaker over time.