Weak signal on 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AlphaMook, May 2, 2011.

1. AlphaMook macrumors newbie

I recently purchased an iphone that need the docking/charging port and battery replaced. I purchased new OE replacement parts and repaired the phone but now only have one bar of signal strength. Also, the phone keeps switching between Edge (E) and 3G network. All features (wifi, camera, itune sync etc. on the phone are functioning and all connections that I noticed are tight. does anyone have any ideas on what to do next? I have reset all network connections and retored the phone to the factory settings. Thank you!

2. Bobbytoad macrumors member

Bobbytoad

switch off 3g and see how strong/stable reception is then, may just be a case of weaker /vareiable reception where you are - 3g will typically be worse/more susceptible than 2g

3. AlphaMook thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your reply, I disabled 3G and my signal strength was steady at 1 bar. I have my iphone 4 (with 5 bars) sitting right next to my 3gs. It seems taht I might just replace the antenna ribbon and see how that works.