Weak Wi-Fi signals on iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by horace528, Dec 17, 2011.

1. horace528 macrumors regular

horace528

Hello Apple Support Communitites
    I have a problem with Wi-Fi since updating it to iOS 5.0.1.
    When I go to my room, Wi-Fi drops a bunch, even when the router is right next to my room (blocked by a wall, if that helps)
    Here are two screenshots, first in the room where the router is, and the next in my room.
    The red marks are the Wi-Fi signals.

Attached Files:

2. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

Are you covering the top of the device? Mine does that but not as bad when I hold it at the top of the device near the camera. It could be a hardware issue but I'd wait till the next software update comes out.

Do you mean 5.0.1 or 5.1?

3. horace528 thread starter macrumors regular

horace528

Doesn't really solve the problems

Thetonyk123, I have a rubber cover covering the top of my iPod, and I tried taking it off, but the Wi-Fi signal is pretty much the same, with the Wi-Fi signal still weak in my room.:(
    Also, I don't get what you mean when you hold it at the top of the device near the camera, the Wi-Fi signal gets better. I don't get how would you do this. :confused:
    Also, if you cover the top of the device by doing this, won't the Wi-Fi signal get worse?:confused::confused:

4. GeniusJon macrumors regular

As long as the wi-fi doesn't disconnect, it has more than enough signal to connect to the internet. If you want a constant good connection, I suggest getting a better router.

5. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

Try this, I ment usually when I hold at the top of the device like when I cover the camera area my wifi signal drops.

6. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

You could try to connect to someone else's router