Weak WiFi = No streaming video

Discussion in 'iPad' started by 2Evan, May 5, 2010.

1. 2Evan macrumors member

I keep reading that the WiFi connection on the iPad is inconsistent at best.

Since streaming videos are a huge part of what I do, has anyone who actually owns an iPad had this problem?

Kinda depressing (can't test it myself, not yet available in my region).

Thks for your help

2. dread macrumors 6502a

3. Satellitecentra macrumors newbie

Same here , no problems at all.
    32 gig WiFi , I use Air Video app and run Video Server on both my Mac,s and PC,s runs Video just great.
    :D:D:D

4. tolsthoorn macrumors newbie

Youtube on ipad does not work

Clicking the Youtube tv on my ipad never comes with you tube it continuous searching forever.

If I go to Youtube using Safari on my ipad (which works well) and then select a movie like "Bird and Fortune", it loads forever and never comes with the actual movie.

If I do the same thing on my mac using the same WIFI right next to my ipad, it works in a flash, the movie plays in just a few seconds.

Hence, the ipad fails here for whatever reason.

tolsthoorn, Netherlands

5. mklnk macrumors regular

I have a 32 gig 3G. I THOUGHT I'd finally run into the wifi issues yesterday, but it turned out my router was to blame, as my PS3 was also failing to connect wirelessly. I reset the router and everything was fine.

I stream with netflix and abc player all the time and it works fine. ABC player gets better quality than I'm used to by watching hulu on PS3 with PlayOn.

6. 2Evan thread starter macrumors member

7. tolsthoorn macrumors newbie

Carry out a hard reboot of your iPad

I carried out a hard reboot of my ipad, and youtube suddenly worked and made me as enthousiastic as Steve Jobs was during his presentation of the iPad.

A hard reboot is done by pressing and holding the on/off key and then pressing the "home key" (hardware key) for a couple of seconds until the ipad reacts.

Regards,

Theo Olsthoorn, the Netherlands

8. M87 macrumors 65816