Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Ipadlover29

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 28, 2011
Just wondering if anyone else who has a iPhone 11 Pro has experienced weaker wifi signal and slower speeds. My previously owned iPhone X seemed to have full bars for wifi around my house and faster speeds. Ive tried updating the router firmware, rebooting router and modem, restoring and resetting the iPhone. I also tried exchanging my iPhone 11 pro at the apple store but the new one is the same as the previous one. What basically happens in certain areas of my house the wifi signal drops from 3 bars to 2 bars. Many times the signal goes back up to 3 bars after about 15-20 seconds. Wifi speeds are 10%-20% slower in certain areas of my home. All other devices on my network are fine, no issues with them. Im hoping this is just a software issue and will be fixed in future update. My asus router is less than a year old, its not wifi 6, its wifi 5. Easily the best router Ive owned in terms of range and speed.

Thanks in advance for any helpful info.
AK.

Reactions: Mr.C

Ipadlover29

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 28, 2011
Just tried a brand new Asus wifi 6 router with my iPhone 11 Pro. Didn't find any difference in speeds or range. Still had the same issues I was before with my 1 year old wifi 5 Asus router. Just wonder if anyone else is having similar issues?

Super Spartan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2018
Dubai
Just tried a brand new Asus wifi 6 router with my iPhone 11 Pro. Didn't find any difference in speeds or range. Still had the same issues I was before with my 1 year old wifi 5 Asus router. Just wonder if anyone else is having similar issues?
Did you try turning on MU-MIMO in your router?

1) Login to your router

2) From the left pane, click on Wireless

3) Go to the Professional tab

4) Scroll down till you locate Multi-User MIMO

5) change it to enabled

6) Hit apply

7) Reboot your router

Reactions: IowaLynn

IowaLynn

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2015
Netgear AX WiFi 6 definite boost even non-wifi6 devices. But I can’t control ISP. I can try to avoid interference and brick walls. Four year old Mac saw the biggest gains, wired and wireless. And yes there usually are firmware updates out of the box.

now i see it

macrumors G3
Jan 2, 2002
This app is helpful

Wi-Fi SweetSpots by ASSIA-Inc

Reactions: max2

Ipadlover29

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 28, 2011
Did you try turning on MU-MIMO in your router?

1) Login to your router

2) From the left pane, click on Wireless

3) Go to the Professional tab

4) Scroll down till you locate Multi-User MIMO

5) change it to enabled

6) Hit apply

7) Reboot your router

Thanks for the tip, but I’ve always had that feature enabled.

m0sher

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2018
If we’re not taking wifi please correct me.

My phone improved in correlation one might expect from an X to an 11 Pro Max.

Even did a test same month a week before I switched. See test results below. My cable service supports 350 mbps on a Google WiFi Mesh with no WiFi 6 support.

No mobile tech reviews noticed any slower Wi-Fi speeds either. Its backward compatible from WiFi 6 and is only limited by your WiFi router and / or cable service speeds you pay for.

No matter how improbable, it might be your WiFi router OR you simply got a bad antenna in your new 11 Pro.

Go to an Apple store or your own carrier that services devices and get the antenna checked first.

Got another phone? Check it against a speed test app. See if the other phone is experiencing issue too. Then you’ll know which

iPhone X

179D3787-29E7-4B09-BB99-B3F95F1795F4.jpeg

iPhone 11 Pro Max

198D7CF5-0697-4B54-A359-5A4DBCFBE81A.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.