Wearable devices that work with HealthKit

AngusW

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 19, 2013
Ok so I'm currently rocking an iPhone 5 and want to be able to track my steps and have it sync with health kit. Since Fitbit won't play nice does anyone know of any devices that do play well with Health Kit?

AngusW

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 19, 2013
Misfit Flash. (Or the more expensive but nicer-looking Misfit Shine.)
Did I read somewhere that the Pebble Smart Watch now supports their app? If so does anyone have any experience with it? Will it track my steps in the background?

Nolander07

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2012
Wearable devices that work with HealthKit

Kind of off topic, but I was considering abandoning my Fitbit due to the lack of integration, then my puppy chewed it and destroyed it. I called the company and gave them my sob story. The person on the phone offered to send me a new one for free, even though it was my fault it got destroyed. Great customer service, and this made my decision to stick with Fitbit. It integrates well with MFP anyway, which is way less buggy than the Heath app integration so far.

Last edited:

ECUSnare

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2011
Kind of off topic, but I was considering abandoning my Fitbit due to the lack of integration, then my puppy chewed it and destroyed it. I called the company and gave them my sob story. The person on the phone offered to send me a new one for free, even though it was my fault it got destroyed. Great customer service, and this made my decision to stick with Fitbit. It integrates well with MFP anyway, which is way less buggy then the Heath app integration so far.
I had the same thing happen to me. Dog got a hold of it, chewed it to hell. Emailed customer service, provided my account info and proof of purchase and a few days later had a brand new one at my front door.

AngusW

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 19, 2013
I've already got Fitbit I'm looking to replace it with something that works with the HealthKit. I haven't had any of the buggy issues others have had.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.