Resolved Weather App Incorrect Time and Sunrise/Sunset

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by Clete2, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Clete2 macrumors 65816

Clete2

I am seeing bad results on the current location and selected city that I have typed in (61704). The sunrise and sunset times are inaccurate and the current weather hourly timeline is also bad. See attachment.

How do I fix this? The only thing I can think of is that I recently went to EST and back to CST during recent travels.

Attached Files:

2. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

Having the exact same problem myself on all my family's iOS 9 devices, including my parents' 2 iPhone 6s, my 6 Plus, my son's 4S that's used as an iPod, and my wife's 5s.

Haven't been able to find a solution either.

3. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

Strange, it's correct for me, though I'm in Europe and have not travelled lately.

4. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

I have not changed time zones myself and I am in the same one as the OP (Central--US&Canada).

5. Clete2 thread starter macrumors 65816

Clete2

I noticed that when I ask Siri to tell me the weather, it shows correctly and when I tap to open the Weather app from the Siri results, it works fine. Even sometimes when I open the app it'll work fine too. But it will regress later.

6. imagineadam macrumors 6502a

Mine has been doing this since Saturday morning. Same with my wife's phone. Probably everyone's. It must be a server side issue.

7. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

Agree, doesn't the default weather app get its info from Yahoo?

8. imagineadam macrumors 6502a

It used to but they switched to the weather channel in iOS 8. I have TWC app too and when I open that one it is correct. Not sure what's going on.

9. Foggydog macrumors 6502

Foggydog

I was having trouble with the Yahoo weather app that I really like. It wouldn't give the the local weather report Then I deleted it and downloaded it from the cloud. Since then, it is working fine.

10. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

Yahoo Weather works fine and I've switched to it for now, but I really want to see this issue with the built-in app fixed.

11. Laurie65 macrumors member

The Weather Channel app always had me at the wrong house depending on where I was in my house. I stopped using it and use Weather Bug which works great for me.

12. C DM macrumors Westmere

Why does specific house location matter for a weather app?

13. Laurie65 macrumors member

Excellent question that I wish knew the answer to. Sadly, I have absolutely no idea. When I had the Weather Channel app it showed my address when the app was open. So depending on where I was in my house it would have me at the house on either side of mine. Weather Bug has only my town.

14. Clete2 thread starter macrumors 65816

Clete2

This seems to be fixed now. I didn't change anything. Maybe Weather.com/Apple fixed it on the server side.