Weather app is always inaccurate for location

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by SVTmaniac, Aug 13, 2014.

1. SVTmaniac macrumors 6502

My iPhone 5s default weather app (yahoo) is always off on it's forecast by 10 degree F when using the GPS location based weather. For example, I live in Tucson Arizona. If I open the weather app and look at the forecast for my GPS location which it says is Tucson, it says the high today is 81 degrees F. That is not correct, today's high is 91 degrees F.

If I add Tucson as a city on my weather app it shows the correct forecast. This is consistent no matter where I travel. I have to add the city of where I physically am in order for the forcast to be correct. Very weird bug if you ask me. Anyone else experience this?

2. drogba macrumors member

I know a lot of people have issues with GPS locating being completely accurate, especially over wifi. Based on what you're saying, it sounds like the app is getting stuck on either another day/week or it's picking up someplace altogether different. You might just have to keep adding them, or do as I do and just keep a tab of weather.com up in safari whenever i need to check the weather.

3. Winona Northdakota macrumors 6502a

Weather Channel does have a free app in the App Store.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

weather.gov might even be better in that case.

5. SVTmaniac thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the replies, was hoping there was a fix for the stock app. You know the one that is supposed to "just work". I'll just continue to manually add my locations as I travel and turn the location feature off.