Weather app like in the iOS video

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Caithsith, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Caithsith macrumors member

Well i was looking to see the nice looking weather app like i've seen when they announced iOS 7. In the video the app show you rain drop, snow flake etc when that what you should see outside. I was under the impression it came with iOS.

Do i miss something here because mine only show the time and a little sentence with some weather info in it.

What do i miss? Is it a third party app?

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Nope, that's the iOS 7 Weather app. Do you have an iPad, by chance? If so, the iPad does not have the Weather app, it only shows a description of the weather in notification center.

If you have an iPhone, it's just the stock weather app on the phone.

3. boobie12 macrumors 6502

If your using an iphone. I think you have to make sure reduce motion isint off. Or else it won't show.

4. Caithsith thread starter macrumors member

5. MisakixMikasa macrumors 6502a

MisakixMikasa

Wait for jailbreak... The weather app might appear.... I think the weather app is physically there, but Apple chooses to hide it...n

6. davehutch macrumors 6502a

davehutch

I can recommend "Beautiful Weather" for the iPad.
    Nice animations, but you do need to subscribe to get all the features. I haven't bothered so far

7. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Nope.

It takes specific "modding" to allow the iPhone weather.app to run on iPad.
    One issue is Wifi only iPads do not have a GPS which the weather app uses to function correctly.
    It has been done in the past on older firmware versions, not sure if it will be possible on iOS7.

8. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Evidence?

9. MisakixMikasa macrumors 6502a

MisakixMikasa

It was one before by iOS 6 jailbreak. Though the app did not function correctly, but it was fixed by jiao break team before.

Weather is physically presented with iOS 7 installation on iPad, but it was hidden end by .plist. Here is quote from MuscleNerd (he is one of the jailbreaki team): “Ignore that extra app you see (which is it?) after #evasi0n on iPads.It was always there but is normally hidden by a plist entry.”

----------

It is physically there and functional...you just cannot see it. Both notification Centre and Siri probably using weather app to grab weather information. And I think weather app does not GpS to function, because well, iPod Touch does not have GPS inside...

Here is a quotation from this article:"Why is Weather.app on the iPad in the first place? From what I understand, the application is hidden within iOS 6 because of Siri. Siri uses Weather.app to grab local weather information when asked. Since Siri was added to the iPad with the announcement of iOS 6, it would make sense that we’re only finding Weather.app hidden within iOS now."

The article link is: http://www.macgasm.net/2013/02/04/ios-6-jailbreak-unhides-weather-app-ipad/

10. The Mad Hatter macrumors 6502a

The Mad Hatter

I just tranfered over the 3 missing stock apps from my 4S to my iPad Air (both JB on 7.0.4). Stocks and calculator are both whacked, but Weather works fine. It comes up in 2x iPhone mode, but the graphics are still good (unless you get really close). The animations are pretty smooth as well. The only downside is that it isn't linked to the NC. So you have to manually open the app instead of tapping on the weather in NC.

Just a head's up, didn't want to start a new thread just for this info.