Weather app now not showing location weather

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by groovyf, Oct 16, 2011.

1. groovyf macrumors 6502

Have just rebooted my 4S and now the weather app doesn't show the weather for the location I'm in, but still shows weather for places I added manually (including home town)
    Will this kick-in again once I'm out somewhere else?

Haven't turned off or changed any settings prior to reboot (and have made sure Location Services are still enabled, and more specifically for the Weather)

----------

Odd, the Local Weather option (within the weather app itself) was OFF. No idea how that happened as I've not touched the little "i" within the app to change anything.

2. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

I set mine to location weather....I live in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada...yet it gives me some sort of weather from "Mountainside"....I've never even heard of this place! haha

3. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Hey Groovy, so did you figure it out yet?? I have completely turned off "local weather" and just set my city in there...it works okay now.

I think it has to do with having wifi on...my wifi never seems to put me where I am in the maps app, now with the weather thing...also try your compass and see if it really points north? Mine points south when it should be north and vice versa....freaking lucky I'm not stuck in the woods Apple!!!!

4. shstiger2009 macrumors 6502

Odd, the Local Weather option (within the weather app itself) was OFF. No idea how that happened as I've not touched the little "i" within the app to change anything.

It was this. I was actually having the same problem, because I was fooling around with settings and turned location off, but turned it right back on after. It kept the location weather OFF in the actual app, but as soon as I turned it on, it started working again. Thanks for the fix!