Weather App Question...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MrCompletely, Jul 23, 2007.

1. MrCompletely macrumors newbie

The icon on the main menu for my weather APP always shows a sun shining and always shows 73 degrees. I've heard that the main menu icon should adjust to the current weather, much like the calendar icon changes with the date.

Can anyone help me out, or at least let me know whether this icon is a static icon or should be changing with the weather?

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

3. ChandlerXJ macrumors member

I didn't even notice the calendar icon changed until the other day haha

4. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

This seems dumb... why have the weather icon static when it's clear that the icons can be dynamic? Out of all of them, I think this would be the most helpful to be able to glance at.

5. unity macrumors 6502a

Simple. Every time you went "home" it would want to update the icon and use Edge, WiFi. That could chew up some power quickly. Notice how people say that the battery lasts a lot less just by checking mail every 30 minutes? Now imagine it having to update the weather icon all the time too!

6. vinhmen macrumors newbie

Or you could look out a window.

7. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

Hahahaha!

Never thought of that before... You should probably let Weather.com know that the people are having a revolution. :rolleyes:

8. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

I just noticed after your post..Only had it since day 1 and thought date was static, like weather. LOL Thanks!!